The track will be open for practice this coming weekend.
Saturday Oct. 25th - 9am-5pm
Sunday Oct. 26th - 9am-3pm
I've uploaded the results from Race Day #1 on the Race Results page. FYI - Tony Mitchell is Chad Mowery, and Justin Brock is Tracy Broecker. Sounds like the masterminds Davis and Hilpert figured out the issue and have since resolved it.
I forgot my USB drive on Race Day #2 so wasn't able to get the results. I will grab them on Race Day #3 and upload shortly after, sorry about that.
Couple of things though guys that we all need to pay more attention to.
1. Please do not put your car on the track without a body, even if you are practicing and making adjustments. It can be hard for other drivers to see your car.
2. During practice if you see faster cars out there it may be best to wait a couple minutes to go out if you know you are trying to work out issues with your car.
3. Do not place your car or stop your car in the run line. If you are not up to speed please move your car out of the run line immediately.
4. When marshalling please pay attention. Your cell phone can remain in your pocket for 4-7 minutes, I'm sure you'll be ok.
5. When marshalling and you are going out on the track to recover or move a vehicle, make sure you have looked and no other cars are coming. Also after having put the car back into the race make sure no cars are coming when you run back across the track. Move with a purpose! Marshall others as you wish to be marshalled.
6. If your car does not have 4 wheels on it you need to retire the car. Do not continue to run the car with 3 wheels.
These items need to be followed at all times. Thank you!
We'll be holding our next WRCRC club meeting on Race Day 3. I'm not sure if we'll wait until all the racing is done or maybe we'll hold the meeting in betweek heats at some point. If we do hold the meeting in between heats we would close the track down during this time so that we have everyone's full attention and participation.
If you have any rule changes you would like to submit please get them to me prior to November 2nd for discussion.
Well we had 7 guys out last night for practice running the groove in. Fast laps being turned were 3.7 seconds, maybe a few 3.6's.
Looking forward to a good first race day today, hopefully everyone comes out! Be sure to check the rules pages as we've had a few changes recently.
We have new race fees this season to make it easier for Dave, be sure to check the Race Fees page. Member and non-member are same price now.
October 18th open practice has been canceled.
We had a club meeting on the 24th at Trysting Place in Menomonee Falls. 10 members were there and we had some great discussion. Click here for the meeting notes if you weren't there.
There are a few changes, I will summarize some of them here but I ask that everyone review your class rules before the start of the indoor season.
- - 1 cell max battery capacity is 7000 mAh
- - We will hold monthly club meetings at the track. The track will be shutdown during club meetings. There will be plenty of posts and notice given which days meetings will be held on the Facebook page and on the website.
- - If you would like to propose a rule change. Submit the Rule Proposal Change form to your class director. Class directors, give all rule change proposals to myself, Chad Mowery. We're trying to spread some of the work and take some of the load off Russ.
- - Make sure you are not charging your batteries over 4.22V. Class directors will start doing random checks. If your battery is found to be over 4.22V you will have to run it down until you are at 4.22V.
- - SK, Nascar, and OTC motor and esc rule. ROAR approved 17.5/Spec Motors and ROAR approved non-timing ESC's as of 9/1/2014 or earlier.
- - When we hold proposed rule change votes. You are not able to vote unless you had points in that particular class from the prior racing season. Example: If we propose a rule change for Nascar and you never ran Nascar you are not allowed to vote. If you ran Nascar 2 seasons prior but not the last season you are still not allowed to vote.
All questions can be directed to your class directors. If you do not know who your class director is please ask Russ Collins.
There has been some talk about guys from other tracks and clubs wanting to come run with us but we don't have an official class for what they want to run. We all just want to reiterate that any 3 cars make a class so even if we don't list something as a predetermined class, long as you have yourself and 2 other guys come on out and run!
Is everyone ready for October 4th?
Just wanted to let everyone know that Tracy Broecker is now an authorized distributor for Hobbywing products. If you are thinking of getting any Hobbywing products pick out what you want at Falcon Sekido and then contact Tracy via e-mail or his Facebook page. WRCRC club members receive at least a 10% discount.
He is currently in the process of putting together a catalog but until it is ready you can use this method to purchase products through him.
The 2014 Summer season has come to an end. Congrats to our 1st place finishers who were Mike Lemanczyk in Nascar, Dave Hilpert in SK, and Russ Collins in Legends. Complete final points can be found here.
October 3rd there will be open practice on the Indoor track and the first race will be on October 4th. Hope to see everyone there.
If you are running Nascar, or SK there have been some rule changes so be sure to check the rules page.
Well we only ran Nascar this week, we had 10 guys. 6 made the A main with 4 in the B main. Chad Mowery bumped up to the A by winning the B with 31 laps.
In the A we saw Pete Bush dominate coming from the back to win. Dave Hilpert was right there though only 1.1 seconds behind Pete. Pete also set a track record this week with 32 laps, I don't remember the exact time.
See everyone September 7th for the last outdoor race of the summer!
The proposed rule changes that were sent out by Russ last week did pass so once the rules have been officially revised I will post them. Also, Mike Lemanczyk will be the tech for Nascar with Tracey Broecker handling the points starting this coming Indoor season.
Just wanted to get something on the website about the proposed rule changes. If you are running Nascar, or SK and you didn't receive the proposed rule changes e-mail then please contact Russ Collins. He would like everyone's vote returned to him within 5 days of today.
Important announcement! The house transponders are no longer working. Everyone will need their own transponder. Old AMB type or newer 2 wire one will work. Here is a link to the My Laps RC4 Transponder (this is what I use). Lefthander is currently out of stock but you can find these readily available on eBay and other Hobby sites.