First off I just want to say thank you to everyone who contributed some money toward the software upgrade for our timing system. We switched from that old XP desktop to a laptop running Windows 7, with the latest version of RC Scoring Pro.
I personally had a blast racing last weekend. You can tell everyone is starting to get their cars dialed in. Everyone seems to be getting faster every race. We also had a new track record in F1 by Erik Bieberstein, congrats Erik!
Points, and results have been updated. Cya after turkey day for Race #5!!!
Click here for the meeting notes from the meeting held after racing on the 2nd.
Well we had another good day of racing. All classes ran this week which means we had a pretty good turn out! Legends, SK, Nascar, Nastruck, OTC, and F1.
After racing we held a club meeting. I will be posting the meeting notes probably tonight from that when I get home. We had a few different discuss topics that you'll likely be seeing e-mails about soon.
Due to the meeting I was distracted and forgot to get the race results again. I'll see if I can stop in one night this week and get the results.
The track will be open for practice this coming weekend.
Saturday Oct. 25th - 9am-5pm
Sunday Oct. 26th - 9am-3pm
I've uploaded the results from Race Day #1 on the Race Results page. FYI - Tony Mitchell is Chad Mowery, and Justin Brock is Tracy Broecker. Sounds like the masterminds Davis and Hilpert figured out the issue and have since resolved it.
I forgot my USB drive on Race Day #2 so wasn't able to get the results. I will grab them on Race Day #3 and upload shortly after, sorry about that.
Couple of things though guys that we all need to pay more attention to.
1. Please do not put your car on the track without a body, even if you are practicing and making adjustments. It can be hard for other drivers to see your car.
2. During practice if you see faster cars out there it may be best to wait a couple minutes to go out if you know you are trying to work out issues with your car.
3. Do not place your car or stop your car in the run line. If you are not up to speed please move your car out of the run line immediately.
4. When marshalling please pay attention. Your cell phone can remain in your pocket for 4-7 minutes, I'm sure you'll be ok.
5. When marshalling and you are going out on the track to recover or move a vehicle, make sure you have looked and no other cars are coming. Also after having put the car back into the race make sure no cars are coming when you run back across the track. Move with a purpose! Marshall others as you wish to be marshalled.
6. If your car does not have 4 wheels on it you need to retire the car. Do not continue to run the car with 3 wheels.
These items need to be followed at all times. Thank you!
We'll be holding our next WRCRC club meeting on Race Day 3. I'm not sure if we'll wait until all the racing is done or maybe we'll hold the meeting in betweek heats at some point. If we do hold the meeting in between heats we would close the track down during this time so that we have everyone's full attention and participation.
If you have any rule changes you would like to submit please get them to me prior to November 2nd for discussion.
Well we had 7 guys out last night for practice running the groove in. Fast laps being turned were 3.7 seconds, maybe a few 3.6's.
Looking forward to a good first race day today, hopefully everyone comes out! Be sure to check the rules pages as we've had a few changes recently.
We have new race fees this season to make it easier for Dave, be sure to check the Race Fees page. Member and non-member are same price now.
October 18th open practice has been canceled.
We had a club meeting on the 24th at Trysting Place in Menomonee Falls. 10 members were there and we had some great discussion. Click here for the meeting notes if you weren't there.
There are a few changes, I will summarize some of them here but I ask that everyone review your class rules before the start of the indoor season.
- - 1 cell max battery capacity is 7000 mAh
- - We will hold monthly club meetings at the track. The track will be shutdown during club meetings. There will be plenty of posts and notice given which days meetings will be held on the Facebook page and on the website.
- - If you would like to propose a rule change. Submit the Rule Proposal Change form to your class director. Class directors, give all rule change proposals to myself, Chad Mowery. We're trying to spread some of the work and take some of the load off Russ.
- - Make sure you are not charging your batteries over 4.22V. Class directors will start doing random checks. If your battery is found to be over 4.22V you will have to run it down until you are at 4.22V.
- - SK, Nascar, and OTC motor and esc rule. ROAR approved 17.5/Spec Motors and ROAR approved non-timing ESC's as of 9/1/2014 or earlier.
- - When we hold proposed rule change votes. You are not able to vote unless you had points in that particular class from the prior racing season. Example: If we propose a rule change for Nascar and you never ran Nascar you are not allowed to vote. If you ran Nascar 2 seasons prior but not the last season you are still not allowed to vote.
All questions can be directed to your class directors. If you do not know who your class director is please ask Russ Collins.
There has been some talk about guys from other tracks and clubs wanting to come run with us but we don't have an official class for what they want to run. We all just want to reiterate that any 3 cars make a class so even if we don't list something as a predetermined class, long as you have yourself and 2 other guys come on out and run!
Is everyone ready for October 4th?
Just wanted to let everyone know that Tracy Broecker is now an authorized distributor for Hobbywing products. If you are thinking of getting any Hobbywing products pick out what you want at Falcon Sekido and then contact Tracy via e-mail or his Facebook page. WRCRC club members receive at least a 10% discount.
He is currently in the process of putting together a catalog but until it is ready you can use this method to purchase products through him.